Brookfield Road, Brimfield, Massachusetts



This 1783 Georgian Colonial house in Brimfield, Massachusetts reminds me of my dollhouse. I'll show you why in a bit. But I'll warn you, once you start looking at these photos as if they're 1:12 scale, you'll see everything that way.

Here is the pretty living room. Wouldn't you like to know the name of that paint color? I sure would.


If it were mine, I wouldn't change much, but just for fun, I'll suggest this design:


(I just love Winterthur's paint color, too.) We wouldn't actually need to add the round table to our listing house living room, though, because it belongs in this room:


Which, again, I wouldn't change, but am pairing with this room. Can you guess which room is miniature?


I warned you about scale perception, didn't I? Now take a look at this room:


Fun, right? (The current owner has a clock restoration business). Now let's see it in miniature:


Now let's tour the rest of the house:





This 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 3,776 square foot house is the Major Abner Morgan House. 


I couldn't find out much about him other than he was a lawyer. That's ok, though, because I found out other things:

 {source}

By the way, if you're looking for a fun read, you'll enjoy the story where I found these images.


Now, as to why this house reminded me of my dollhouse. Here's the living room again:


Here's my dollhouse:

{they still sell the kit}

My mom built it for me (yes, she's awesome) and I finished decorating it 25 years ago. You can tell because there's a copy of Amy Tan's The Kitchen God's Wife that I made on the coffee table.

I must have been picturing a blue kitchen like this one, too...


... when I made mine:


I made the stove. I couldn't figure out how to make stove burners. Now I want to add tiny copper pans to it and I'm disappearing down a Pinterest dollhouse research rabbit hole. (And mini quilts. I'm working on one inspired by this, but I'm also thinking about landscape quilts for some reason.)


And that's it for Brimfield. Their antiques market shares a place with Round Top's on my bucket list. But first I should add 'make dollhouse stove burners' to that list.

The Old House Dreams listing is here.

Popular Posts