Sandy Cross Farm, Lexington, Ohio



I wonder how many people have bought a house because of the way the sunlight streamed in through the windows.


Or maybe they were sold the minute they walked down the old brick sidewalk to the barn.


Whichever the case, this 1860's Greek Revival "gentleman's farm" appears to have sold not long after it was listed on the market. In other words, sometime between me seeing the listing and reading a great post about designer Dan Carithers on Cote de Texas that made me remember it. 

And it was all because of the light. Because the sun streaming through the window of Dan Carithers' beautiful living room...


...brought me right back to admire the listing house again:



If the living room hadn't convinced me that I'd met my (inspiration) match, then the dining room would have:




I think I pin this timelessly pretty design every time I see it.

This property was sure to sell quickly, even without my staging help 😊, because not only does it have 7 bedrooms and 5 baths, it includes a barn with an attached cottage, 2 guest cabins, and pastoral views on twenty acres.


Sandy Cross Farm is also near many attractions, including the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and the local prison. 

Why would a prison be an attraction? Because not only was the Ohio State Reformatory the filming location for The Shawshank Redemption, it's almost Halloween, and at Halloween it looks like this...


...and offers a Ghost Walk, a Ghost Hunt, and something called Escape from Blood Prison, which I'm going to go ahead and say would be way too intense for me.

Because, after all, Lexington proves that often the light streaming through the windows is inviting, but sometimes it's a little scary.


The listing (one of the few with photos still available to view) is here.





















CLEMATIS, Lexington, Massachusetts















TREMONT STREET, LEXINGTON, MISSOURI

Popular Posts