Holly Lane, Plymouth, Minnesota



Have you been pining for a Fixer Upper home of your very own?  Did you want it to be on a seasonally appropriately named street and city?  Have I found the house for you!

It was built in 1978 in Plymouth, Minnesota.  No word on whether Plymouth is named for this Plymouth:

{artres.com}

...but with this as your view instead, does it really matter?


Now let's check out what overlooks the view, this bright and spacious living room:


Fans of the show Fixer Upper, do you remember this finished room from last season?


The updated metal railings are so striking.  Since our house today has railings everywhere, they should definitely be a feature-- and not just one of safety!

See, railings everywhere:


Again, Chip & Jo to the rescue:


In keeping with this rustic/industrial vibe, the kitchen is well, rustic:


1978 rustic isn't the same as 2015 rustic, though:                          


{Murphy Mears Architects}

As a plus, we needed a metal window frame to match our new metal railings.  

Now to the bonus rooms of the house, starting with the landing:


Not sure how much wall space is available to the right,  


...but a cantilevered homework station would seem to fit right in.

In the basement...


...it just feels right to channel Chip & Jo again:


Don't forget the ping-pong table:


The last bonus room really is a bonus room.  It's a sauna!


I looked for interesting alternative uses for a sauna space (wine cellar?), but Pinterest didn't support me.  I guess if I lived by a lake in Minnesota in the winter, sauna alternatives would seem nonexistent.  

But nonexistent doesn't always stop me. The listing didn't feature any of the 4 bedrooms, but if it did, I would answer back with this:


Finally, on a personal note to my sister, if the mirror you're considering for over your bed looks like this one, get it!

 At Thanksgiving, I'm extra thankful for family (especially when they humor my decorating advice), rooms that look like other rooms, and you, my loyal and friendly readers!
~Happy Thanksgiving!~






Popular Posts