7/13/2015

River Road



On this sunny summer day I'll bring you daydreams of vacationing at a Shingle style 1925 house on a river.

River Road is in Toledo, Ohio on the Maumee River, with a view of Horseshoe Island. The porch overlooking the river is so picturesque, it reminds me of a movie set:


Specifically, the set for the movie Dan in Real Life


It was filmed at a rental house called Riven Rock in Jamestown, Rhode Island.  (Riven Rock--good fit for our River Road house, huh?) Be sure to check out Julia's post linked above for neat details about the movie and the house.

Of course a house like this would have a large living room, ready for games or just curling up with a good book.


This room needs multiple seating and games areas, like this:

{Victoria Hagan}

...but with a more traditional feel, like this:


{Tom Scheerer}

...and a little bit of a whimsical, gathered over time feel, like this:

{Coastal Living}

The kitchen already has a gathered over time feel, but it needs a little more cute factor:


How about a vintage style faucet, floor, and fat little drawer knobs?

{Michael Penney}

Or this, if you felt that maybe there are too many upper cabinets?

{via Stylish Eve}

Speaking of upper cabinets, the laundry room's got you covered:


Wouldn't it look sweet with a vintage-looking wallpaper and floor?


As for the shipshape master bedroom:


I like the idea of adding some age with a spool bed and layered rugs:


Finally, up to the third floor and another bedroom:


A bedroom that definitely needs that gathered over time feel, like this one:

{House & Home}

Of course, I can't just finish and leave you inside the house, pretty as it is, when the whole point of the house is this:


Hope you have a relaxing week, friends!







7 comments :

  1. Vicki, I did see Dan in Real Life and I remember admiring that gorgeous home and the picturesque surroundings. I really love the wonderful ideas you had for each of those rooms especially the kitchen and the living room. All I can say is, you've done it again... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I think it was one of those movies where the setting is more intriguing than the story itself. :) Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    I really like the location of this home and the shingled exterior. You've definitely added to the existing interiors in a way that would make this an ideal vacation home.
    I hope you're having a good summer!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Yes, this one was a bit of a surprise- I'd like to see what other homes along the river are like. Having a busy but good summer here- hope all is continuing to go well for you!

      Delete
  3. Wow Vicki, I love your choices and studied the way you did the layout in the first image and it's perfect! You always do the most amazing job recreating these rooms…perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, I knew when it came to lake house great rooms that Victoria Hagan and Tom Scheerer wouldn't steer me wrong. :) Hope you're spending lots of relaxing time at your vacation house!

      Delete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete