5/31/2015

Sessions Drive



If you're thinking the image above looks like a fairy tale house, you're right- it does.  So much so that I'm going to break protocol and show you the actual house:


Yep, still a fairy tale.  This is a 1954 charmer from Columbus, Ohio.  Let's hurry and get inside before the magic fades.


This sweet living room just needs some pretty antiques and a polished palette:



This pretty and polished space will give us cues for the rest of the house.

The living room opens onto the dining room:


I took further inspiration from Loi and wanted to find rooms with beautiful fixtures that you might find in his shop.

{Marshall Watson}

The chairs here reminded me of the living room chair and pillow, and the beautiful chandelier and mirror definitely have a little magic to them.

Here's another view of the room:


...Now complete with a one-of-a-kind painted chest or commode:

{Marshall Watson}

What fairy tale house would be complete without a library and doors to a garden?


We'll just add some more well-chosen pieces and our living room colors here:


The master bedroom needs a little of that same magic:


{source unknown}

This lovely vaulted bedroom is definitely fit for a princess:


Let's just make it more magical:


This bedroom already features a lantern pendant plucked from a story illustration...


...that I think would illuminate this dream of a dollhouse in true fairy-tale fashion:


Finally, I can think of only one thing this perfectly landscaped back yard needs to make it fairy tale perfect:


A guest cottage like this for me to stay in!

{source unknown}

All in all, this house is definitely one to inspire sweet dreams.










6 comments :

  1. Vicki,
    This has to be one of my all time favorites of your finds. I certainly gets high marks for charm on the exterior. You've taken care of the inside and wow, what a difference. I really love Loi's style and the style of others. Neutral wins the day with this home.
    Great job.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I think you would like the neighborhood where I found this- it's in Bexley, a suburb of Columbus (though the house address is Columbus), that's full of beautiful older houses. Hard to pick just one for the blog!
      I'm glad to hear from you, as always. I've been thinking about you and hoping everything is going smoothly.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful home that would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, Yes, this home is already so pretty, even unfurnished! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Vicki, Just stumbled onto your blog. I live in Columbus and have been to this house. Your ideas are wonderful, but what you have listed as the living room, is really just the entrance hall. What you have listed as the dining room is really the living room. The dining room is not pictured. The reason this house hasn't sold is the kitchen (in my opinion).
    The best part of this house is the neighborhood. Sessions is a gated, small neighborhood, with cobblestone streets, and all the homes look as if they are from the French countryside. The entrance gates are flanked by 3 story gatehouses that you have to drive underneath.
    Now I'm off to explore the rest of your blog.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, I'm so glad to hear from you. Thank you for explaining the layout- it can be hard to determine from the pictures. I agree with you about the kitchen. I didn't show it because I thought the layout (and materials) would probably need to be re-configured to a fairly considerable extent. I enjoyed virtually exploring the neighborhood- your description sounds very pretty. You're lucky to live in such a neat area!

      Delete