1/19/2015

If It Were Lauren's- Lewis Court



For today's post, once again I'm inspired by designer and blogger Lauren Liess.  She recently mentioned looking at a converted schoolhouse in Leesburg, Virginia, and boy, did I want to find that listing for you guys.
No such luck, but I did find this listing for a 1982 home that could use a little Lauren-izing.

Come on in, and let's give it a whirl:


The spiral staircase is cool, but could be a little more polished and updated.


The thin iron spindles and gallery wall grid have a nice, crisp look, while the chandelier brings in the organic touch that Lauren is also known for.

The kitchen is already stylish and contemporary, but I think Lauren would say that the upper cabinets have to go:


{source unknown}

Open shelving and mix of finishes that stay very organic speak Lauren's language.

The family room has a cast iron stove tucked next to the windows, so you can watch it snow while you're cozy by the fire.




{Rachel Halvorson}

Imagine that stove to the far left of this inspiration picture, and I think we have a Lauren-approved vignette.

The dining room is an interesting space, with its window bump-out:


{Lauren Liess}

That one was almost too easy.  (Just substitute a longer table for our dining room space.)

Here's the master bedroom.  Not sure, but I think Lauren would swap out those mirrored closet doors.



This is from actor Patrick Dempsey's house.  Is it too corny to call it dreamy?  (or is it steamy?)

I like the natural simplicity of this bedroom:


{source unknown}

I think furnishing the bedroom like this is our design duty. 
 (Wouldn't that make a great name for a tv show?)

This last space has multi-purpose potential:



Therefore, I'll leave furnishing it to your imagination, and simply provide an apt backdrop.

I think I need more design bloggers to share their real estate dreams.  They definitely inspire me!  
If you come across (or write!) a post like that, feel free to shoot it my way.
Have a great day!








8 comments :

  1. Vicki,
    What lovely rooms. I love Lauren Liess and Rachel Halvorson. I haven't seen a post from Rachel in ages, does her blog still exist? I always like your style, it's wonderful.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen- Yes, they're both very talented. I'm sure they both could come up with some fresh new spin on this house and wow us. It doesn't look like Rachel's still posting, but at least she is active on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/rachelhdesign/.

      Delete
  2. Vicki, all of the rooms are wonderful, but I just can't take my eyes off of that spiral staircase, it's gorgeous. That chandelier and gallery wall compliment it perfectly. Oh and if that bedroom is Patrick Dempsey's actual bedroom, I'd say it's both dreamy and steamy... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, It's funny, I never got into Grey's Anatomy, so I've never really noticed Patrick Dempsey. Then I read the Architectural Digest article about him, and now I see the appeal! :) Even my husband likes him now, since Patrick's a car guy, as well as a house guy.

      Delete
  3. You find the best inspirational photos! That kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vickie- I know, that kitchen is a little spare, but a lot of stylish. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, those stairs! This space is designed so beautifully lived in, the reclaimed wood paneled wall is gorge!

    If you have a moment, would love to get your thoughts on my latest design!

    Xx- Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. There isn't a change here that isn't a wonderful difference maker, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete