1/27/2015

Because It Is Mine- Office Spaces



Remember my post where I mentioned my current view (above)?  I was recently contacted by WeWork, a co-working company that provides creative office spaces and services.  They asked me what I would add to my workspace to make it my dream environment. 

Well, that's easy to answer.  I look at beautiful inspiration photos all the time!  
Here's my workspace- my dining room table.  It's simple and sunny and the hub of my home (yes, I get interrupted a lot).





What would I change?  First, I'd add beautiful curtains, like Alison's.


I'd also add beautiful antiques and gosh, those chairs!  Then I'd arrange my hutch more like this:

{The Cottage Journal}

Yes, I think I need some fresh flowers, and those chairs are pretty spiffy, too, aren't they?

As for the other side of the room:


This next picture isn't as perfect for my room, but I do like the paneled effect around the sconces:


{Brockschmidt & Coleman}

Would you believe those are yoga mats trimmed with molding?  It's true and it's awesome.

Here's one last inspiration picture that captures the feel I want for my room:

{Austin Patterson Disston}

I also love the way this hutch is styled.  I'll have to interrupt myself now and go rearrange mine.

Obviously I'm more inspired in my workspace if I think it's pretty than I am by ergonomics. 
Here's some people that clearly feel the same way:

{source unknown}


{Mark D. Sikes}


{Mulu}
Their table even looks like mine!

{WeWork}

{WeWork}

Working with velvet-- I approve.

{WeWork}

The simple furniture here looks great with that tin tile wall.

It's interesting to think about what elements make you feel the most creative, comfortable, and productive.  A good thing to consider at the start of a new year!  











6 comments :

  1. What a fun idea! I love you redoing your own workspace! It's funny because I have a dedicated office, but I use it very rarely... I'm always running around with my laptop. Like your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy- Aren't laptops the best? I sometimes forget I'm not tethered to the table - I guess my mind thinks I'm still working at a desktop machine. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicki, I loved that you worked on your own space today and I thought all of your ideas were fantastic. The way the hutch was arranged along with those pretty chairs from The Cottage Journal was my favorite, but all of the rooms were lovely... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I was lucky with that Cottage Journal picture. My sister found it and said it reminded her of my room, and it was perfect timing. Those chairs look comfy as well as being pretty, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Vicki,
    I knew, from our meeting, that I would like your decor style. Your dining room looks so welcoming and warm. I love your inspiration photos and other than your feeling that you need new chairs (I like your chairs from what I could see), think it would be an easy fix of rearranging the shelves of your hutch, you're room is done. I especially like the wall sconces and the table.
    Fun post.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, You're so sweet. You've made my husband's day with your easy fix suggestion. :)

      Delete