9/08/2014

Ivy


Welcome to fresh, modern country style in Wilmington, Delaware.  This 1900 home, while updated, still has plenty of nifty original features to play with.

Original features include this brick wall in the entry:



I like this very natural vignette against the brick wall.  I like the contrast of the glass bottles against the brick.  For the opposite wall, a simple black bench and some folk art, like this:


{Karin Blake}

Not to be left out in the nifty wall department, the living room features stone:


{Ginger Barber}

I'm a big fan of any room Ginger Barber designs, and want this perfect modern country furniture assortment and arrangement for our room.

The dining room might not have stone or brick, but it does have built in shelves.



Let's add kubu chairs, a farmhouse table, and...

{Loi Thai}

...beautifully accesorized shelves to make an unforgettable dining room.

The dining room opens to the kitchen.


{Karin Blake}

While we don't need that stylish range hood, we could certainly use those updated pendant lights, barstools, and wonderful country accessories.

Here is our office space at the top of the upstairs landing:



Now, on to the bedrooms.  




Finally, here's the wonderfully airy master bedroom:


{Country Home}

There we have it.  A house with good bones like this one makes it pretty easy to drum up some decorating possibilities.   Thanks for stopping by!


Linking to:




You might also like:





10 comments :

  1. I want you to decorate this house and let me just move in…adore every single room. Aren't Loi's pictures in his shelves stunning…happy Monday, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so much fun to design collaborate with you on a house like this! We'd have to include a visit to Loi's shop, for sure. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I have to say that I think that office is my favorite. That desk is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That desk would be a nice spot for a writer, wouldn't it? :) That alcove just seemed perfect for it.

      Delete
  4. I love all the decorating inspiration you conjured up for this house, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vickie. This house has so many cool features, and this is one of my favorite decorating styles. It's fun when it all comes together.

      Delete
  5. Vicki,
    There are so many rooms that I could be content in. The kitchen and dining room are beyond perfect, in my opinion. Plenty of light and space. I've always thought it would be great to have a stone or brick wall indoors. There is a natural charm to stone. Great job, as always.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Funny, I hadn't really thought about the light and space, but you're right. You would think the stone and brick might make it dark, but it does have an overall light look.
      Hope you're having a pleasant week!

      Delete
  6. What a great house to decorate. It's so charming. I love what you did in all the rooms, but my two favorites are the kitchen and dining room. I am in awe of those perfectly accessorized shelves... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those shelves something? I like having images like that to use as road maps when I get stuck accessorizing. Maybe they're just excuses why I need to shop for more accessories to complete the look.... :)

      Delete