Hamilton Street, Wilmington, Delaware


Welcome back to Delaware! After touring that great Showhouse home on Hopeton Road, I wandered around Wilmington and found a pretty spot to stop and decorate today.

This is a semi-detached 1913 home in Wilmington with lots of original character. 

The living room is so light and bright that I want to play to that and keep this house simple.

{Tricia Foley}

Well-edited, soft and pretty design will win the day in this house.

Here's the other side of the living room:
{Ginger Barber}

Oh yeah, and we'll throw some fabulous antiques into the mix, as well.



Luckily for me, these talented designers know exactly what I'm talking about.

The kitchen is already light and bright,  so we'll focus on the breakfast area. 



{At Home in Arkansas}

Hello, little table.  I think you need to come live in my house.

The bathroom's wallpaper adds personality, but the mirror doesn't really fit into our design.


A mirror and sconces like these would add some great style to the room:


Here's my little mock-up,  just in case you weren't buying it.


As for this bedroom...
...we need a design that fits our overall brief.

{Better Homes and Gardens}

Light and bright, check. Well-edited, soft and pretty, check. Fabulous antiques, check. And it's just so lovely!

Finally, let's bring a little pretty to this deck:



This is our inspiration, but since it doesn't exactly match our space, I'll do another mock-up.


I like the lighter, bleached floors and lots of white to continue our scheme, but I especially like the idea of a  beautiful trellis to screen the garage from view.  

There we have it. Now this little house is a showhouse of its very own.


Linking to:


You might also like:




Popular Posts