7/06/2014

Monument Street


Hi friends! I'm going to do something a little bit different today from my usual format.  As you might imagine, in all my real estate browsing, I sometimes come across houses that are already decorated quite nicely.  While I'm on vacation with my family, I thought you might enjoy a tour of one of my finds.

This home is in Concord, Massachusetts and was built in 1825.  Here is more information from the listing: Rich in history with a tremendous Concord center location, this Gothic/Greek Revival home situated on a large private three quarter acre lot on Monument Street, fronts a mid-19th century three story barn along with perennial gardens and mature plantings. Known as the Fifield/Fay house, it is an intriguing combination of the romantic decorative features of Gothic Revival and the classic structural elements of Greek Revival featuring a wide central chimney, pitch-roofed dormers and columned front porch with floor to ceiling windows. 

All I know is that it has a pretty, old-fashioned appeal.  Take a look and see if you agree.












Isn't this a sweet house? The listing can be found here.  Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming soon.

2 comments :

  1. Vicki,
    I visited Concorde several years ago and of all the places we visited in MA, Concorde was by far my favorite city. This house is charming and there are so many details that I truly love, including the kitchen and this guest room above!
    I hope your 4th of July and visit with family and friends went well.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I'm especially smitten with the twin bed bedroom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete