6/24/2014

Winding Brook Drive part 2


Hello, and welcome back as we do more winding along Winding Brook Drive in Daphne, Alabama. 

We left off in the kitchen, so now let's peek into the adjacent family room.



Well, the curtains aren't buffalo check, but they're awfully darn pretty in their own right.  I think this continues the soft Southern style of our other rooms very nicely.

Now that we've wrapped up the downstairs, so let's see what's happening upstairs.



The shelves around the door give us a focal point and a purpose on the stairway landing.  
It's a lovely mini library.

There are 4 bedrooms in this house, so let's say the kids are grown and we need an office and 2 guest rooms in addition to the master bedroom.

Office:




Bedroom 1:



Bedroom 2:



Isn't that thoughtful of us to provide a whiskey decanter for our guests? Sleep well, friends. 

Master bedroom:



This last bedroom belongs to the talented Tessa who blogs at Nine and Sixteen.  Her blog is just as pretty and charming as you would expect from this photo.

There, now we've set this house to rights and had fun with soft colors and lots of decorative layers.
Hope you enjoyed winding along in Daphne with me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a design-related side-note, I just read that Sarah Richardson has been named Home Design Director for Good Housekeeping Magazine.  Looking forward to seeing what her fresh approach will bring!


Linking to:



You might also like:




6 comments :

  1. I'm still laughing at "sleep well friends." I just was thinking that Good Housekeeping was getting a little outdated and may not renew subscription, but they may have a prayer now with Sarah signing on. I think you could start a business working with realtors to "virtually" stage homes for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Good Housekeeping. I'll be curious to see whether she just does a page for them- like Phoebe Howard does for Southern Living- or if they'll become a little more like Better Homes and Gardens.

      It's funny- they always say staged homes sell better because people can visualize layout and potential, but empty rooms always work better for me. I guess I'm just easily distracted. :)

      Delete
  2. Vicki,
    I'm pinning everyone of these pictures. I love the mini library on the landing. I'm also loving the office space, I've often thought about a room painted in a deep, rich shade of gray. That room seemed to have enough light to pull it off perfectly. All of the bedrooms had ideas I could gain inspiration from. I've never been to Alabama, but I really like this winding brook home!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this look really appeals to me, too. All those soft and moody colors and just the right amount of pretty accessories. Well, maybe not the decanter, but definitely the green pottery lamps. :)

      Delete
  3. Every picture is so, so charming! Love it! That office is incredible. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That office really pulls off a nice blend of masculine & feminine, doesn't it?

      Delete