5/02/2014

Suttons Bay




Sail away with me today to Suttons Bay, Michigan, and this little jewel box of a house. Because this house has a lot of cute areas to decorate, this post is a little picture-heavy.  To balance that, I'll be a little less word-heavy.  :)


Some coastal style coming right up, courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.


I really like the grounding shade of navy in the space. Here's the dining space on the other side of that fabulous wicker daybed.


Here's how we could decorate it:


This is by designer Lynn Morgan.  Imagine the kitchen pass-through is where the art print is.
 The navy pendant lamp is by Vaughan- a similar one is here.



Cute kitchen just needs a little color and personality.


Here's a dreamy office space. How could you work with that view distracting you?


I would only fill it with non-distracting bare essentials (which includes cute vases, of course), like this office by Folkhem.

Nice sunporch- wait, a green rug? 


Make it blue


Now for the bedroom:



This dreamy bedroom with navy accents and the same rug from the living room (!) is by Emily Summers.  I may be wrong, but my guess is this is Dash and Albert's Staffordshire Stripe rug.

Just look at this. A walk-in closet with windows.


Not sure if this furniture would fit, but I figured you wouldn't mind a gratuitous shot of a beautiful walk-in closet.

This little gem is by Kristin Peake Interiors.

  I love the crispness a touch of navy brought to these rooms.  Did you enjoy our sojourn to Suttons Bay


Linking to:







10 comments :

  1. Vicki,
    Thanks for decorating this charming seaside home in blue and white. That's always a draw. I really liked the living room best. I could imagine sitting in that large wicker chair with iced tea and a good book!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I liked how that living room could work in pretty much any area of the country without being too coastal. I hope you are sitting with your iced tea now- sounds like it'll be too hot to garden this weekend.
      Vicki

      Delete
  2. I love the touches of blue in the rooms~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That navy blue just makes all the other blues pop, doesn't it? It's nice to hear what sort of resonates with readers. Thanks, Susan!

      Delete
  3. I am loving your blog, very creative! Todays was fun with the blue touches.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi, That living room just seemed to want that punch of blue against those nice, crisp white walls, didn't it? So glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. I did indeed enjoy our trip to Suttons Bay. All the blue accents were perfect in a coastal home, tied all the rooms together so well. Loved the sunroom.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! I'm always a sucker for whole house color schemes, and the fact that the walk-in closet was already blue was the icing on top. That sunroom does look pretty cozy, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. Ah all the blue!! Beautiful, and the transformation of the sunroom was just perfect. :) (And Disney girl here liked the blue fairy godmother for the room magic!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun- I just got caught up with the comments on your great post about Jane Coslick. That's so awesome that she enjoyed it as well! Thank you for that link about the cottage. It's such a touching story and sweet home.
    You're making me think I need to do a red and white post here pretty soon. :) I better start scouting...

    ReplyDelete