173rd Street, Edmond, Oklahoma



Show of hands, who was hoping that I would find that horse ranch?  Well, I'm getting warmer. We're  still in Oklahoma-- Edmond this time, but it's not exactly the country mouse you might have expected today.

The dining room will give you evidence of that:


We might not have horses on the property, but we can have them in de Gournay wallpaper.
(Or a similar off-the-shelf paper, here.)

{Rabaut Design Associates}

The beautiful colors in the paper will set the scheme for the rest of the house, starting in the living room:

{Smith Hanes}

Love the colors in this room.  This design doesn't address the giant niche next to our fireplace, though.  I would go for a large screen over a console dresser, and by large screen I don't mean tv, although I guess you could hide the large screen behind a large screen.

I'm thinking of something like this, made from de Gournay wallpaper, with my mockup of the effect:



Let's check out the kitchen:



Not too shabby, huh? It even has the contrasting color island that just happens to coordinate with the other rooms' colors.  We don't need to add much here-- maybe a horse weather vane over the fireplace?


Ok, I know this vane is on a range hood, but I wanted to include a little of Alison of The Polohouse's style to this post, because I kept thinking of her lovely home throughout.  Her counter stools would also look great at our island.

Let's wrap up our tour upstairs in this charming bedroom:


You know I can't resist window seats.

{Cristina Keough}
Gosh, that's pretty.  For the rest of the room,  a canopied bed and more beautiful chairs.

{James Michael Howard}
Yep, our ceiling fan has to go. It's a small sacrifice for all this beauty, don't you think?

If you're interested in de Gournay wallpaper, there's a comprehensive story about them here.
If you're interested in this house, the listing is here.
Thanks for stopping by!


Linking to:


You might also like:
Clover














Popular Posts