Clematis Road, Lexington, Massachusetts




Wow, do I have a house for you today. This one is in Lexington, Massachusetts. It's already quite beautiful, but once I saw the foyer, I knew we could have some fun.



The carpet reminded me of the design team Diamond Baratta, and their traditional, but very bold and fun choices. Let's see how we can incorporate that throughout the house.

Let's start in the dining room:

Here is what it could be:


This is a Diamond Baratta dining room. I bet they really enjoy their work. They definitely design happy houses, and know how to fill what might otherwise be cavernous spaces. Love those chair covers, too!

Let's bring that happy feeling to the living room.


Here is our starting point, designed by Kelley Proxmire.


It's very striking, and has the perfect floor plan for us, but will work better in our case in a blue color way.


That's Benjamin Moore Waterloo on the back wall, if you're curious. I like how this references our entry carpet and the dining room. Besides, my mom and I were just talking about blue and white sunrooms, so she inspired me a little bit. What do you think, Mom?

This house has no shortage of pretty places to perch, like this breakfast room:


Here's a fun design for it, as shown in Traditional Home:


I know, I'm always suggesting banquettes and window seats, aren't I? It just looks so darn cozy here, though, doesn't it? Just imagine those red pillows swapped out for that nifty royal blue print on the right.

Let's bring some of those greens and blues upstairs to one of the bedrooms.



This is by designer Meg Braff. The iron bed would look pretty cool in front of those double windows. I  like how this has a traditional feel, but is fresh and fun at the same time. 

Not surprisingly, this house  seems to be already in escrow.  Luckily we found it and decorated while we had the chance, huh?Thanks for reading!















Popular Posts