Brannon Road, Nicholasville, Kentucky


Hello! Today let's enjoy a little botanical beauty in this spacious brick home in Nicholasville, Kentucky. Step on in to the entry…


This wall reminded me of Kristin's home at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.


She stenciled the wall in tone on tone colors for subtle, yet pretty interest. (Love how her bench fabric picks up the same flowing design.) 

I think in this house, and in any house with tall ceilings, it's all about the walls.  I just read this quote by designer Cindy Rinfret. "I'd rather have a room with no furniture and have great windows and walls. Nothing will ever look right in a room if the background isn't done well."

Here in the dining room, they've already done the background (and lighting) well.


That wallpaper is what attracted me to this house.  It reminds me of a William Morris print, and references the botanical feeling of the foyer stencil.

Now for the fun part. What goes in that painted niche on the right? 


I know this seems a little outdoorsy, but I really like the juxtaposition of this with the more formal wallpaper and chandelier. It's striking and not fussy. These products were shown on Hayneedle.com.  I especially like how the topiaries and wire form pick up the shapes in the wallpaper. 

See, designer David Easton thinks the same thing.


Wouldn't this dining set look striking in our dining room? It's not the expected formal set, and it really would play to the botanical, fresh mood. 

Now we can play with the walls in the living room. 


I like how Emily addressed her walls at Jones Design Company .


The molding and darker color below it really help manage those tall walls. It looks great.

Since our room needs a little more of a botanical feel, we'll go a little more blue/green on the walls, similar to the dining room color, and of course, add in some herbaria.


Unfortunately I can't credit this picture, but I drew inspiration from Joan's gorgeous barn room at For the Love of a House.  Here's a peek of hers.


See how her herbaria fill that tall wall and make the scale more homey?

This house has so many neat spaces to decorate, but let's botanicalize (like that?) this pretty green bedroom.



This design is by Annie Selke, and the bed is beyond fabulous.  Don't need any draperies on that four poster. It's her Atlas Canopy Bed through Pine Cone Hill, and I also spotted it under another name at charlotteandivy.com. Gosh, with a bed like that, who cares if you're still using your dresser from college? No one will notice.

I can't believe I did a botanical post without showing inspiration from designer Lauren Liess. Now I'll have to scout for a way to feature her. In the meantime, maybe a little Irish inspiration straight from the source? Stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

Linking to the Spring Party at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.





Popular Posts